Teacher Sharing February 2017-BACALAO GRATINADO by Victoria
Teacher's Sharing - Victoria: BACALAO GRATINADO
This is Victoria again. Early Feb, we had a cooking workshop in the school and our students learnt how to make some tapas and I can say that they did it really well! Great chefs! I would like to share with you one of my favorite recipes, which has as star ingredient cod, a fish really appreciated by the people who loves fish and which is very typical in the North of Spain. The recipe I am sharing with you is very nice and for sure you will surprise your family and friends if you try to do it at home. I hope you like it!
4-6 Cod fillets/Filetes de bacalao
4 - Potatoes/Patatas
1 – Can of Crushed Tomatos/Lata de tomate
1 - Onion/Cebolla
2 - Garlic/Ajo
½ Liter of milk/ Leche
Crumble bread/ Pan Rallado
Olive oil/Aceite de oliva
- Cut the potatoes into slices. Fry them in a pan with oil. When they are fried (not roasted), put them into a glass tray.
- Now, put olive oil in the pot. When the olive oil is heated, add the onion and garlic. Once they are a bit done, add the tomatoes and cook together for 10 minutes. Then, put it on top of the potatoes.
- Take the cod fillets and add salt on them. Later, fry them a bit in a pan with some olive oil. After that, put them on the top of the tomatoes.
- Now it is time for the bechamel sauce. Put sunflower oil in a pan and when it is very hot, sprinkle two big spoons of flour. Then, stir it and at the same time put the milk and add a bit of salt. Continue stirring until it becomes solid enough (it depends on how you like it). Once it is ready, put the sauce on the top of the cod fillets.
- Sprinkle some crumble bread on the top and put it in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Now, you put in a plate and enjoy it!
Published: 14 January 2018